In the course of the day, there are certain things one just really can’t go without… And I find that if I start my day without comics (sorry, but “funny pages” are long gone in this modern, electronic world), I just don’t enjoy myself.
In addition to an array of syndicated comics, here are a few that I just can’t stand to miss:
- The Argyle Sweater – Written by a local (to us) individual who clearly has been breathing way too much air. If you enjoyed the Far Side, you’ll enjoy this one. If you didn’t get the Far Side, well… you get the picture.
- Girls with Slingshots – So that’s what women use those things for…
- Least I Could Do (NSFW) – Probably safe for work on Sundays, but you shouldn’t be at work on Sunday.
- Pearls Before Swine – If it’s too punny, don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- PvP Online – It’s likely that Scott Kurtz’ comic began the downhill path that enamored me with web comics. Although it’s possible that really started with Dr. Fun, but who’s counting?
- Questionable Content – Enjoy the antics and drama surrounding Smith University…
- Real Life – Greg Dean brings a little reality to the comics, but not much. Updates are less frequent since Greg was blessed with a daughter, but they’re still good for a geeky laugh or three.
- Two Lumps – More local humor. We found this one at Free Comic Book Day in 2005 or 2006… It can’t surprise you that we address our orange cats as Eben and/or Snooch now and then. They don’t know they aren’t Russian Blues…